Four Year Programme
- Candidates must have obtained credit at one sitting in five subjects or six subjects at two sittings at the 0′ Level/Senior Secondary Certificate (WAEC; NECO etc.) Such credits must include English language, Mathematics, Government and any two subjects of which one must be either a Social Science or Arts subject.
- Candidates must take at the UTME, English Language, Government or History
and any other two subjects, such as Mathematics, Geography, Economics,
- Candidates must take and pass at acceptable level the RUN Screening Entrance Test.
Three Year Programme
In addition to the requirements stated in (a) above,
- Candidates must have passed at least two social science subjects or related subjects in H.SC. or G.C.E ‘A’ Level OR
- ND in Public Administration, Business Studies, Hotel and Catering Management or related subjects acceptable to the Department with a minimum of Lower Credit
- NC.E with distinction or credit in Political Science and any other social science subject OR
- University Diploma in Public Administration, Local Government Administration and other University Diploma in related courses acceptable to the Department with a minimum of Lower Credit.