A four-year programme (UTME)
- Candidates must have obtained a credit pass at not more than two sittings in six subjects or one sitting in five subjects, at the O’Level/Senior Secondary Certificate (WAEC, NECO, and GCE). Such credits must include English Language and Mathematics, Geography or Economics and any other social science, arts, or science subject.
- Candidates must take at UTME, English Language, and any other three subjects from Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Commerce, Government or any science, social science or art subjects.
- Candidates must take and pass at an acceptable level in the university’s screening entrance test.
The Transport Management undergraduate programme is taught by faculty members who have varied and diverse backgrounds in training, research and industrial experiences.
The method of lecture delivery in the department is a mixed grill of theoretical and practical based approaches, and this is done by the deployment of contemporary technologies in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), as evidenced in the availability of a well-equipped laboratory in the department for practical teaching. The Transport Management Laboratory has a well-equipped simulation laboratory with both generic GIS software (Arc GIS series), a GIS-T specific software (TransCad Base 6.0) and a training version of Enterprise Resource Management software.
The Department also runs internationally certified professional programmes in which students are expected to partake. The department is in partnership with the Council for Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN) to run the International Diploma programme in Freight Forwarding and the International Higher Diploma in Freight Forwarding and Supply Chain Management moderated by the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA)/Council for Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN). The department has also been certified to run professional programmes for the Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics (CILT).
These are some of the possible careers you could pursue with a degree in transportation and logistics:
- Maritime Analyst
- Logistics Engineer
- Logistics Consultant
- Customer Service Analyst
- Purchasing/Procurement Manager
- International Logistics Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Supply-Chain Manager
- Travel Agency Consultant
- Airline Ticketing Manager
- Warehouse Manager