1. CONVOCATION PROGRAMME
The programme of activities for the 15th Convocation is available on the University website.
2. CONVOCATION FEE
The fee chargeable for the 2022/2023 Convocation Ceremony is N75,000.00 per graduand without any refund. This has been included in the fees paid for the session. Other fees like Alumni Fee (N25,000) exist.
3. PROCEDURE FOR CLEARANCE AND COLLECTION OF REFUNDS
Please note that the following procedure is to be complied with to collect refund(s):
- Complete the Exit Survey on the students’ portal.
- Print the evidence of completion of the survey and use it to collect a
Clearance Form from the Directorate of Students’ Support Services (DSSS).
- Have the form completed and signed in all the departments stated thereon (e.g. Tekena Tamuno Library, Bursary, DSSS, etc).
- Attach relevant receipts and proceed to bursary for clearance
- Registrar signs the Clearance Form
- Drop a photocopy of the fully signed clearance form at DSSS
- Proceed to Academic Affairs for your certificate
- The Students’ Account Unit of the Bursary attaches a copy of the
Clearance Form to your statement of account and sends same for processing for payment.
- Payment Voucher is prepared, sent to Internal Audit and eventually, the refundable caution fee (after calculations) will be paid into the individual’s Bank Account.
Please note that Bursary can only start processing the refund voucher after receipt of a copy of the final Clearance from the Registrar. Processing time in the Bursary is in batches.
4. PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF CONVOCATION FEE/COLLECTION OF ACADEMIC ROBES
Please note that the following procedure is to be complied with, in the payment of the Convocation fee:
- The evidence of the payment of the full school fees for the 2022/2023 academic session should be presented to your Faculty Officer for the collection of academic robes.
5. ATTENDANCE AT CONVOCATION ANOINTING SERVICE
- Visitor’s Meeting on Thursday 31st August, 2023 with the Graduating Class is compulsory for all graduands.
- The Anointing Service, which is scheduled for Friday, 1st September 2023, commences at 7.00 p.m. prompt at the RCCG New Auditorium, Simawa, Redemption Camp, Lagos/Ibadan Expressway.
- All graduands are to be corporately and appropriately dressed for the meeting with the Visitor while wearing the wear provided by the University for the programme at the Arena, and seated at the reserved area for the University.
6. CONVOCATION DRESS CODE
The following dress code must be adhered to:
- Gentlemen are to be properly suited, that is, shirt, trouser, tie, and jacket.
- Dress suit or a business suit; gown or skirt. Hems must be far below the knees and without open slit. Trousers are strictly prohibited.
- Make-up should be skin tone/very light. Red lipstick is prohibited.
- Shoe heels should be moderate.
- Pieces of jewellery must not be flamboyant. Chandelier earrings are not allowed, please.
- Hair extensions/attachments should be moderate (shoulder length).
Anyone who flouts any of the above instructions will NOT BE ALLOWED into the Convocation venue; so, please note.
7. ARRIVAL DATE FOR CONVOCATION CEREMONY
- The arrival date on campus for all Graduands is Saturday, 2nd September, 2023. This implies that you are expected to attend all the Convocation programmes.
- Free hostel accommodation will be provided for all graduands.
- Registration for accommodation will commence by 12.00 noon and close by 6.00 p.m. on Saturday, 2nd September, 2023.
- Please note that the specific order of procession and other instructions shall be given during the rehearsal by all stakeholders at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 12th October, 2022.
- The procession starts at 8.00 a.m. prompt. All graduands are required to have been seated at the Convocation venue; the University Auditorium, by 9.00 a.m. on Thursday, 7th September, 2023.
- No latecomer would be allowed entry into the venue of the Convocation. The Security operatives shall be expected to ensure compliance with this regard.
- Parents and other guests must be seated by 9.00 a.m. prompt.
Graduands must remain seated, properly dressed, and well comported throughout the ceremony. Once seated, graduands would not be permitted to walk about until the end of the ceremony. Photography shall also be disallowed during the course of the programme, except by duly-accredited photographers. Security operatives shall be on duty to effectively ensure compliance with these instructions.
- Holding of parties within the Convocation venue is strictly prohibited.
- Canopies are provided for the use of graduands at a designated venue on the University campus, the cost of which is already incorporated into the Convocation fee.
- Graduands are requested to note that they must not be involved in acts that negate the Vision of the University, such as indecent dressing and use of alcoholic drinks, amongst others.
9. COLLECTION OF DEGREE CERTIFICATE
- After the Convocation, return your academic robes to your Faculty Officer and collect the Clearance slip.
- Present your Clearance slip, a copy of the official receipt for payment of the Convocation fee, and your Student’s Identity Card at the Academic Affairs Division of the Registry for collection of Degree Certificate.
The University Management, on behalf of the entire University Community, wishes all graduands an eventful and happy Convocation.
28TH AUGUST, 2023