The entry requirements shall be through any of the three underlisted options:
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Mode
Five(5) credit passes in five(5) Arts or Social Sciences subjects in G.C.E. ‘O’ Level, or NECO or WASSCE Certificate. Two (2) of the five (5) credit passes must include: English Language and Literature-in-English. The five (5) credit passes must be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings. In addition, UTME candidates must have acceptable pass in UTME.
- Direct Entry Mode
Direct entry candidates must satisfy any of the followings:
- A two or three-year Diploma in Law Certificate with Upper Credit or its equivalent plus five(5) credit passes including English Language and Literature-in-English at WASSCE, NECO, GCE or their equivalents
- Two (2) or Three (3) papers at Principal or Advanced Level in Higher School Certificate in addition to Ordinary Level requirements stated above
- An acceptable first degree: A., B.Sc., or their equivalents in Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in addition to Ordinary Level requirements
- Inter-University Transfer
Students may transfer from the Faculty of Law of a recognised university having successfully completed the first year and having met the admission requirements. Candidate(s) must have a CGPA of at least 3.49.
UTME (JAMB) subjects for College of Law
- English Language
- Two subjects in Arts or Social Sciences
AWARD is LL.B. (Bachelor of Law)