I am pleased to welcome you to the College of Natural Sciences, Redeemer’s University and to our website which I hope you will find informative. The Redeemer’s University (RUN) is a faith-based private university owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God and located at km 46 along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in South-Western Nigeria. The University was established in 2005 with three (3) Colleges which included the College of Natural Sciences.
Our College is home to four departments, namely: Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences which altogether mount nine (9) programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) degrees in Microbiology, Applied Biology and Genetics, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Pure Chemistry, Industrial Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics and Physics with Electronics. The curriculum of each programme has been carefully crafted to reflect the vision of the University which is “To provide a future generation of God-fearing, creative, innovative and inventive entrepreneurs motivated to build and sustain a better Nigeria and a better world”.
Science has always been a quest to understand nature and how everything works. It is the engine that drives our modern world and is fundamental to everything we do. It has significantly impacted our society, economy, health and our technologically advanced life styles. To be a scientist therefore, you should be curious, critical, logical, intelligent and innovative. All these attributes are taken into account at the College of Natural Sciences, Redeemer’s University as we mould each and every one of our students to become the total graduate in science that he/she should be.
World-wide, academic research in the physical, chemical and biological sciences has vastly broadened the horizons of mankind giving us a deep insight into the structure of matter and of the universe. It has also brought better understanding of the nature of life and its complexities. Technology, the application of science has made fantastic advances that have affected us beneficially in nearly every aspect of life: better health, more wealth, less drudgery and greater access to information. On this premise, the vision of Redeemer's University is to make the College of Natural Sciences a centre of excellence in the various disciplines offered by the College.
Recently our Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences programmes were accredited by NUC to run postgraduate programmes, which will commence at the beginning of second semester of 2012/13 session. Other Departments will follow suit at the beginning of 2013/14 session. This development is an eloquent attestation to the high standard that the College has been able to build within its short life. It offers you to start your undergraduate studies at RUN and continue to the highest level attainable (PhD) in any academic institution in an atmosphere where your rights as a student is respected and protected.
May be you are
contemplating pursuing a career in the sciences and you have some doubts about
your ability, I request you to answer the following questions:
• Do you have an inquisitive mind?
• Are you fascinated by how things work?
• Are you excited at new discoveries?
• Do you enjoy facing challenges and finding solution to problems?
• Do you have a flair for the Sciences?
• Would you want to make a name in science like many Nigerians at home and abroad?
If the answer to all these questions is yes, then you are a prospective science student and the type we want to enrol in our science programme and nurture to maturity.
Why study Science at Redeemer’s University?
Below are 10 reasons why you should study science at Redeemer’s University
• As a private university we run a stable, strike-free academic calendar.
• Among private universities, we are the cheapest, yet with the highest standard.
• We have a crop of experienced, dedicated and approachable lecturers to stimulate your learning to greater heights.
• Our staff/student ratio is very low (1 staff to 7 students) which enables us to closely monitor each student’s progress, weakness and other challenges for effective counselling.
• We expose our students to cutting edge science in our state-of-the-art laboratories.
• The curriculum of each programme is both staff and student friendly, thus making you to achieve more.
• Financial support is available to proven, indigent but brilliant and focused students.
• We provide good living conditions and a conducive academic environment.
• Here at Redeemer’s University, academic pursuit is reinforced with the fear of God
• The totality of our training is based on the pedigree of LIFE which stands for Loyalty, Integrity, Faithfulness and Excellence such that graduates of Redeemer’s University have today become ready targets for employment by various industries, organizations and other employers of labour.
As much as we are willing to
give you the best all round education, Redeemer’s University, by virtue of its
vision and mission, and its mandate cannot condone immorality and any
unacceptable behaviour, under any guise.
I am confident that you will be excited by the range and depth of the B. Sc. degree programmes offered by our College of Natural Sciences.
Come over to Redeemer’s University for an exciting, enriching and rewarding experience as we equip you to face the future.