News > Useful Information | Posted: August 16, 2017 11:58:29am GMT | Views: 688
- CONVOCATION PROGRAMME
The programme of activities for the 9th Convocation is available on the University website.
- CONVOCATION FEE
The fee chargeable for the 2016/2017 Convocation Ceremony is N60,000.00 per graduand without any refund, including a canopy fee of N5,000.00.
- PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF CONVOCATION FEE
Please note that the following procedure is to be complied with in the payment of the Convocation fee:
- Upon due Clearance, ensuring that you are among the 2016/2017 graduands, please pay the N60,000.00 on the student’s portal using your ATM Card.
- Payment should be made latest by Thursday, 21st September, 2017. Print out your receipt from the portal.
- The receipt should be presented to your College Officer for the collection of Academic Robes.
4. PROCEDURE FOR CLEARANCE AND COLLECTION OF REFUNDS
Please note that the following procedure is to be complied with in order to collect refund(s):
- Collect Clearance Form from the Directorate of Students Services and Development (DSSD).
- Have the Form completed and signed in all the departments stated thereon (e.g. University Library, Bursary, DSSD, etc).
- Return duly-completed Form to DSSD.
- Registrar signs the Clearance Form and sends copy to the Bursary.
- The Students’ Account Unit of the Bursary attaches a copy of the Clearance Form to your statement of account and sends for processing for payment.
- Payment Voucher is prepared, sent to Internal Audit and eventually the money will be paid into individual Bank Account.
Please note that the Bursary can only start processing the refund voucher after receipt of a copy of the final Clearance from the Registrar. Processing time in the Bursary is approximately two (2) weeks.
5. ATTENDANCE AT CONVOCATION HOLY GHOST SERVICE
- Attendance at the October 2017 Holy Ghost Service is compulsory for all graduands.
- The Holy Ghost Service, which is scheduled for 6th October, 2017, commences at 7.00 p.m. prompt. At the RCCG New Auditorium, Redemption Camp, Mowe, Ogun State.
- All graduands are to be corporately and appropriately dressed for the programme at the Arena, and seated at the reserved area for the University.
6. CONVOCATION DRESS CODE
The following dress code must be adhered to:
- Gentlemen are to be properly suited, that is, shirt, trouser, tie and jacket.
- Dress suit or business suit; gown or skirt hems must be far below the knees and without open slit. Trousers are strictly prohibited.
- Make-up should be skin tone/very light. Red lipstick is prohibited.
- Shoe heels should be moderate.
- Jewelries must not be flamboyant. Chandelier earrings are not allowed, please.
- Hair extensions/attachments should be moderate (shoulder length).
Anyone who flouts any of the above instructions will not be allowed into the Convocation venue; so, please note.
7. ARRIVAL TIME FOR CONVOCATION CEREMONY
- The arrival date for all Graduands is Wednesday, 27th September, 2017. This implies that you are expected to attend the Convocation Lecture and Play on the same date.
- Graduands are required to have been seated at the Convocation venue, that is, the University Auditorium, by 9.30 a.m. on Thursday, 28th September, 2017. The procession starts at 8.00 a.m. prompt. Kindly note that the specific order of procession and other instructions shall be given during the rehearsal by all stakeholders at 2.00 p.m. on Wednesday, 27th September, 2017. All graduands are expected to be present at the rehearsal.
- No late comer would be allowed entry into the venue of the Convocation. The Security operatives shall be expected to ensure compliance in this regard.
- Parents and other invited guests are expected to be seated by 9 a.m. prompt.
- Graduands must remain seated, properly dressed and well comported throughout the period of the ceremony. Once seated, graduands would not be permitted to walk about until the end of the ceremony. Photography shall also be disallowed during the course of the programme, except by duly-accredited photographers. Security operatives shall be on duty to effectively ensure compliance of these instructions.
- Holding of parties within the Convocation venue is strictly prohibited.
- Canopies are being provided for the use of graduands around the University campus, the cost of which is already incorporated into the Convocation fee.
- Graduands are requested to note that they must not be involved in acts that negate the Vision of the University, such as indecent dressing and use of alcoholic drinks, amongst others.
9. COLLECTION OF DEGREE CERTIFICATE
- After the Convocation, return your academic robes to your College Officer and collect the Clearance slip.
- Present your Clearance slip, a copy of the official receipt for payment of the Convocation fee and your Student’s Identity Card at the Academic Affairs Division of the Registry for collection of Degree Certificate.
With the best wishes to all our glorious 2016/2017 graduating students, the Divine Champions.
14TH AUGUST, 2017